We consult with a lot of people who want create a recording space in their home or office. Here are common recommendations we make regarding equipment that works well on a budget. If you are setting up a professional studio we would have a different conversations, but if your goal is to create your own content for Youtube, vlogs, of podcasts, this would be a good starting point.
Keep in the mind the costs listed below may not be exact with how things fluctuate.
- Camera: Sony ZV-E10 with Kit lens $800 - https://amzn.to/3ITjiCh
- 128GB SD Cards $18/ea - https://amzn.to/3PLs5Z4
- Card Reader (USB-C plug) $17 - https://amzn.to/3Pon20Y
- Rode Wireless Mic $245 - https://amzn.to/3OE2mBb
- Rode lapel mic $58 - https://amzn.to/3Op5VuE
- Lighting option 1 - LED Panels, smaller footprint, more options, 2 lights $208 - https://amzn.to/3PGC6XC
- Lighting option 2 - Softbox style.. Larger footprint, basic and affordable, 2 lights $100 - https://amzn.to/3zmAIE1
- Back/hair light (it comes with 2 lights, not a bad idea to have a 2nd one) $37 - https://amzn.to/3zkojAG
- iPad teleprompter $120 - https://amzn.to/3RTUTjW
- Full Tripod $127 - https://amzn.to/3z0Gmuc
- Desktop Tripod for “webcam” $28 - https://amzn.to/3B2edFU
- Teleprompter Premium app $17 for iPad/iPhone and $25 for Mac version (Or pay subscription of $20/year and get all versions) - https://teleprompterpremium.com/
- Sony remote camera app for phone/ipad (you can check your focus and control the camera remotely!) - https://imagingedge.sony.net/en-us/ie-mobile.html
Great computer monitors, BenQ brand - https://amzn.to/3Oq0rzK
Boom arm for mounting mic on desk $80 - https://amzn.to/3aZALwb
Updated desktop mic, Yeti Nano $79 - https://amzn.to/3yVb4oF
*Some links are Amazon affiliate links.